(BPT) - With the cost of college increasing year by year, graduating with a degree that can help land you a high-paying job is ever more important. Recent studies show that 7 out of 10 of the most valuable undergraduate degrees are in engineering, which tells you there is a career and an income waiting for you when you graduate. Unfortunately, a significant gender gap still exists for women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. YouTube science star Hank Green and Emerson CMO Kathy Button Bell discuss the challenges and rewards for women pursuing engineering and other STEM-related fields.
AutomotiveBridalBusiness And CareersCommunity CaresEducationEspanolFamily LivingFashion, Beauty & FitnessFood, Recipes & EntertainingGift IdeasGreen LivingHealth & WellnessHome DecoratingHome ImprovementHot TopicsHow ToKitchen, Bed & BathLawn & GardenMoney & FinancePetsReal EstateSeasonalSenior LivingTech Talk & InnovationTravel
- To view our latest Special Section click the image on the left.
- Constance R. Miller
- We need some fresh ideas in Congress
- Educator returns — again — to St. Joseph
- Donahue woman’s murder suspect identified
- Area runners beat the heat at Tipton
- Keeping his train of thought
- Northeast’s homecoming theme: Night at the Movies
- Sabers rally for homecoming win
- DeWitt man facing sex abuse charges
- Peanut Butter: A better recipe?